Sibling Doula Support
If you are interested in having your older child(ren) with you during your labor and delivery, but are concerned you won’t have care for them and want your partner to be able to focus on you – or if you need care for your child(ren) at home while you are at your birthing place – a sibling doula can be a wonderful investment! A sibling doula, however, is not a replacement for a birth doula. I will care for your child at your home or birthing place, whether that is at home, birthing center, or hospital. I will work with you to choose the best options for your child(ren) during your birth and help prepare them for your new arrival!
The following services are included:
• Two 1-2 hour long meetings with you and your child before labor begins
• Preparing your child for the labor, delivery, and new baby by reading books and doing other activities
• Two 1-2 hour long visits with you and your child once you are home with baby
• On-call support beginning at 38 weeks
• Continuous care during your labor and delivery, day or night
• Care for your child at your home or birthing location
• Emotional support for your child during the labor and delivery
• Snack or light meal preparation for your child during the labor and delivery
My fee for sibling doula services is $500.
Contact me to talk about supporting your child as you prepare to welcome your new baby!
Sibling Preparation Session – $75
Want some help preparing your child(ren) for the upcoming birth of your baby but don’t need a sibling doula? This two-hour session might be perfect for you! We will discuss your plan for your child(ren) during your birth as well as adjustments once baby arrives. I can bring resources such as videos and books for your child to learn about pregnancy, birth, and what life is like with a new baby!