Labor and Birth Doula Support
Photo by Grape Soda Photography
The birth of a new baby is a wonderful, life-changing event. It takes courage and strength many people didn’t even know they had. And it also takes support and encouragement! I am passionate about helping families achieve the birth they desire. My goal as a doula is to help families feel supported, educated, and empowered – regardless of where or how they plan to birth. After having my own child in 2014, I began to understand the immense value of extra support during pregnancy, birth, and postpartum. I have also learned that having more support does not mean less intimacy – I am there to support everyone in the room, from birthing person to partner and other support people.
Birth doula support includes:
• Initial interview, including a drink on me!
• Two prenatal visits in your home, 1-2 hours each
• Two postpartum visits in your home, 1-2 hours each
• Support through text, phone, or email once hired as your doula
• Continuous support during your labor and delivery, day or night
• Early labor support at your home, if desired
• Physical and emotional support during your labor and delivery
I offer a sliding scale for birth doula services, with rates between $500-1000.
Contact me to discuss my birth doula services!
Birth Preferences Planning Session – $75
During this two-hour session, we will create a birth plan and/or list of birth preferences so you can feel supported, empowered, and educated to birth YOUR way. What does your ideal birth look like? Do you have preferences for pain control? What about comfort measures during birth? Do you want to labor in the water, eat during labor, or be coached on when to push? Let’s look at the choices together!